“The Real Mom Review is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com."
A real mom of 4 reviewing various products & services with honesty & integrity. From natural beauty products to household items to groceries - the truth - so you can save dollars, time & sanity. No flames, no games, just a real mom reviewing.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Sephora Anti-Shine Foundation Primer Review

My newest attempt at maintaining "Grown Up Skin"
(also known as NON-OILY skin):
Sephora's Anti-Shine Foundation Primer.
 
High hopes...let's see...

Here are my before & after pics...taken at 8:23 in the morning, then 3:00 in the afternoon.
You can see, 7 hours later, that I still had oily skin, despite the anti-shine primer.
 
No blotting, powdering or other touch-ups were done throughout the day. I wanted to see what this primer could do without any help. NOTE: I DID use setting powder after original application, as usual in my makeup routine.
 
Here, I focus on my forehead, which is always the MOST slick when the day is done. You can see the oil definitely broke through in the "after" pic.
 
Here, a good shot of the side of my face shows T-Zone oiliness. Cheeks, nose, chin and even mouth area is pretty oily by 3pm.
 
Did it help? I think it helped minimally. I think the amount of help it provided was just not worth $17 per .5 oz.
I guess I will continue my search for a mattifying primer that works miracles. Until then, I guess I'll continue to blot and powder! (check out my review of Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens HERE).
 
 
Have you found a mattifying/anti-shine primer/gel/serum that works well? Do share!