There are so many products I try out that I neither hate nor love. They are just "ho-hum".
If they were cheap, they might be worth buying, because, hey, they would get the job done fairly well in most cases.
But, since they are expensive, why waste your money on less than stellar performance?
Here's a run down of some of my "Mediocre Products" from the last year.
- Perricone MD Face Finishing Moisturizer (just like any other moisturizer I've tried)
- Sampar Fluide Ultra Hydratant (the rose scent WAS really nice, though)
- Skin & Co Roma Truffle Serum (coconut smell was divine, but product was extremely runny like water and results were ho-hum)
- Olay Age-Defying Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream + Serum (this one was cheaper...about $12, and it felt nice, but had no SPF, and did no miracles)
- Ole Henriksen: Invigorating Night Gel (good for oily skin, but again, for the price...no big results), and Sheer Transformation (ummm, no transformations happened).
- Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum (you can get a cream with the same active ingredient - hydroquinone - for MUCH less...like under $6...and nope, I didn't see any difference, although the serum consistency WAS nice instead of a thick cream)
- Sephora Supreme Cleansing Foam (the idea of cleansing foam for the face is cool, but this did NOT do a very good job of removing makeup, and I mean non-waterproof types)
- Ole Henriksen Ultimate Lift Eye Gel (no lifting occurred, though a gel for the eyes is kinda nice)
- Nastassja Skin Enzyme Facial Peel (I swear, I don't think this did anything at all for me)
- Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm (this one comes closer to being really liked than most of the others, because its texture is fabulous and its scent is SO tranquil and enjoyable...but the cost is so high, and the results simply do not justify it)
- Matrix Biolage Exquisite Oil (I saw no difference between this and the MANY other hair oils I've tried, including the super cheap ones)
- Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvenating Elixir (no noticeable difference was witnessed in either look, feel, or general hair health)
- Sebastion Color Ignite Multi-tone Shampoo & Conditioner (I saw no big difference...although the FOAM conditioner is pretty cool and might be GREAT for folks with thin, fine hair who need some conditioning with no chance of weight happening?)
- Lastly, Whish Shave Cream - Blueberry
I happen to be really into specialty shave creams/lotions, and am willing to spend a little bit more on a quality product, but this one, Whish Shave Cream in Blueberry, just isn't special, EXCEPT for the unique blueberry scent. It's a decent shave, but no better than the other creams I've tried (HERE is one review of FAB's shave cream)
While I really, really like FAB, it outranks my budget...so currently, I'm very happy with either EOS Shave Cream or Skintimate Lotionized Shave Cream, which are FAR cheaper, but still really good.
While all things like this are somewhat "subjective", meaning some people will love what others do not, and we don't all have the same tastes and preferences...I think it's pretty safe for me to say that you can surely find something better than these to spend your hard-earned dollars on.
Now GO find you some GREAT products to spend your money on instead!!