“The Real Mom Review is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com."
A real mom of 4 reviewing various products & services with honesty & integrity. From natural beauty products to household items to groceries - the truth - so you can save dollars, time & sanity. No flames, no games, just a real mom reviewing.

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

CK One Mascara vs. CoverGirl Flamed Out Mascara

If you're a regular reader, you know I'm obsessed with mascara.
I buy and try so many.
 
I've found some I really like (like Tarte's Lights, Camera, Flashes, reviewed HERE or Ulta's inexpensive Legendary Lengths, reviewed HERE ). Yet, I still keep buying and looking. Hence, "obsession".
 
The latest indulgence of my obsession involves another High-End vs. Drugstore comparison.
 
The competitors:


CK One mascara (received for FREE from Ulta as my Birthday Gift for being an UltaMate Rewards member),
~and~
CoverGirl Flamed Out Waterproof mascara, $6.99 at Ulta
 
I did a video, because you just have to see for yourself the way the CK One works. It's very unique!
 
 
 
Now, in case you couldn't really tell well enough from the video, here are a couple of still shots:
 The CK One is on YOUR left.
 The Flamed Out is on YOUR right.
My take: The formulas must be very similar, because they both seemed to perform very similarly. Neither smudged or flaked. They seemed comparable in "volumizing".
The CK One had just a slight advantage in "lengthening".
You can see that my right eye (your left) above, is a touch longer-looking.
Is it worth a difference of $11? Hard to say. I DO like the CK One mascara and it's unique twisty applicator. Yet, I like the hourglass shaped brush...and the bristles of...the Flamed Out.
I think it depends on how badly you want a little bit of extra length.
So, would you pay $11 more for that little bit of extra length? I'm curious to know. Please comment.
 
BTW, if you aren't an UltaMate Rewards member, be sure to become one so YOU can get your birthday freebie, too! It's easy and free. Click HERE to find out more at the Ulta website.