“The Real Mom Review is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com."
A real mom of 4 reviewing various products & services with honesty & integrity. From natural beauty products to household items to groceries - the truth - so you can save dollars, time & sanity. No flames, no games, just a real mom reviewing.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Garnier Triple Nutrition Dry Oil: Any Good?

A sample was provided by BzzAgent for consideration.
All opinions are 100% honest and my own.
 
Beauty Oils are all the rage.
On your face, on your hair, on your body.
They clean, they moisturize, they treat.
Many are all natural, too.
The BIG thing about them: they are usually multi-taskers.
For example, Josie Maran makes a 100% Argan oil that I really like.
I can use it on my face to hydrate at night.
I can use it on my lips to treat them when they are rough or dry.
I can use it on my hair while wet to seal the cuticle...and sparingly while dry to smooth and add shine.
It's all natural, does a lot & takes up only a little bit of medicine cabinet real estate.
BUT, it's really high-dollar.
When BzzAgent offered me a free bottle of Garnier's Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil, I was ready to see if it would be as good as my Josie Maran for less than a third of the cost.

So, I tried it out on my face first at bedtime. It was okay. I didn't love it for my face. It did absorb pretty well, but it just seemed to slightly miss the mark for me. It didn't absorb as much as I want.
 
Then, I tried it out after my shower. I simply sprayed it on my still-damp body and smoothed it in. It soaked in just as well as any other body oil I've used (better than some, in fact). I really do prefer oil on my body for after-bathing moisture. No, oils do NOT soak straight in like many lotions do, but if you use sparingly on a wet body, then wrap yourself in a robe to do other quick tasks, it will be absorbed fully before you need to get dressed. And oils tend to do a much better job at keeping your body well-hydrated than most lotions.
 
My one complaint as a body oil: the scent, while pleasant, isn't amazing. Scent is important to me, and I have high expectations. I use scents I LOVE on my body. This one's not on the LOVE level...it's on the LIKE level. But, it's not a strong scent, so you can totally cover it with your usual perfume scent. That's a bonus.
 
So, next, I used the oil on my wet hair to treat it before blow drying. I used it sparingly, spraying my hand, then rubbing it, concentrating mostly on the ends. After fixing my hair, I was very pleased with the super shine I got.
 
Next time I used it, I sprayed it on my wet hair directly. NOT the best idea. I fixed my hair as usual, but my hair was greasy. Not horribly greasy...I didn't have to rewash it right away, but I did feel self-conscious all day wondering if it looked like you could fry french fries in my hair.
 
The final try-out for Garnier's Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil was when I sprayed it directly on my dry hair as a shine spray. The mist was far too concentrated for this purpose. The shine sprays I typically use are much finer with a larger spray pattern. This stuff was too much and in too small a spray pattern. Once again, I ended up with greasy hair...in one spot. Weird looking. I combed it to try to disperse it, but without much luck.
 
Next time, I sprayed my hand, then smoothed onto my ends with much nicer results.
 
My Bottom Line:
Okay face oil. I don't prefer it.
Good body oil, easy to cover with your signature scent.
Good WET hair oil IF you spray your hand then sparingly distribute with concentration on ends.
Decent DRY hair oil IF you spray your hand then sparingly distribute with concentration on ends.
One thing I DON'T like is that it's not all natural. But for many people, this is not an issue.
One thing I LOVE is that it's around $5-6 per huge bottle, so it's a very economical way to try out the oil thing to see if it's for you.
 
Do you use beauty oils? For what? Which brands?
 
A sample was provided by BzzAgent for consideration.
All opinions are 100% honest and my own.


2 comments:

Sarah Alves said...

I don't think I'd like to put oil on my face directly - I already battle combination skin! Your hair looks awesome though, I will be sure to take a look at the coupon you linked!

Also - thank you so much for visiting sweetandsavorylife.com last week and making my SITS Day extra special! Thank you so much for your support :)

Hoppy Easter!

Sarah

P.S. I'd love it if you would follow me on Facbook! www.facebook.com/sweetandsavorylife

Emily said...

Huh.... Personally I like the product as I break out a lot due too fragrances in lotions if used on my body. I akso like the spritz and go factor.... It is on my list of products to review on my wonderful insomnia nights....

Anywho. Tells the girls and Gavin hi for Zac and I :)

My blog is:
http://glitteredtopurrfection.blogspot.com/

I'm kinda new to this so no pictures yet :P And I need to figure out the ad thing where it earns money.... but feel free to comment or check it out

Emmy