“The Real Mom Review is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com."
A real mom of 4 reviewing various products & services with honesty & integrity. From natural beauty products to household items to groceries - the truth - so you can save dollars, time & sanity. No flames, no games, just a real mom reviewing.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Great Hair Volume & Texture Can Be Yours!

Allow me to introduce you to Oscar Blandi Pronto, Texture & Volume Spray.
 
I received a sample in my November Birchbox.
 
The description says that it "builds lasting body & texture"...and "dry weightless formula for all hair types".

I don't usually do "big" hair. I have a LOT of hair, so I spend most of my time trying to get it to be smaller than it is. But since I switched over to my miracle hair care regimen (GK Hair's Balancing Shampoo & Conditioner), my hair has become silky and smooth and won't look like Einstein's 'do if I happen to volumize. *happy me*
 
So, in order to try the OB Pronto out, I hot-rolled my hair, old-school style, with the giant-sized rollers. After I finger-raked the curls, I sprayed my style with the OB Pronto. It's not sticky at all. It's similar to hairspray in many ways, but still very different. Hairspray is sticky and typically has a "wet" feeling as it sprays on your hair. Pronto is neither.
 
It's a dry feel spray. It's not sticky feeling. It's really hard to describe accurately, but what I'm trying to say is that you can't get the same thing from hairspray. Even though it does provide hold, like hairspray does, Pronto has a very specific purpose of texturizing & volumizing, and it does it well.
 
Let me just show you my results.
 
Notice the slightly "tousled", "undone", sexy bed-head look. It was very easy to achieve with the spray.
 

 
I will say that the spray isn't great-smelling. It's not bad-smelling, either. It's chemical-smelling. Of course, if you use a body spray of perfume, you don't really want your hair to have a different scent, anyways. So, you can use Pronto, then just do a spritz of your signature scent, right over the top.
 
At $25 a bottle (Ulta.com), it's a bit pricey, but I would imagine it will last a long while. And it really does a good job. If you don't want to invest that much without trying it, there's a travel size bottle for only $11 HERE.
 
 I think I'd like to keep a can of this or some lower-cost alternative handy. I really liked the look it provided.
 
Do you know of a low-cost comparative product? Comment, please!