“The Real Mom Review is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com."
A real mom of 4 reviewing various products & services with honesty & integrity. From natural beauty products to household items to groceries - the truth - so you can save dollars, time & sanity. No flames, no games, just a real mom reviewing.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Carol's Daughter Shea Souffle, Excellent Body Cream

Way back in October of last year, in my Glossybox, I received a nice large pot of Carol's Daughter Coconut Shea Souffle.
 
I'd heard of the brand, which touts its "naturalness". I'd never tried any of their products, though.
When I opened the pot up, the smell was soft, yet divine. I love the scent of coconut, and this was like a fresh, clean, slightly "warm" coconut scent. I fell in love with the scent the very first time I applied it. I did happen to be in sunny, tropical South Florida, surrounded by palm trees loaded down with coconuts, so it was perfect.
 
I always apply my body moisturizer the same way: while my skin is still slightly damp, I rub it on. This helps seal the moisture in, helps aid in spreading the product all over the body quicker and easier, plus you don't have to use as much product this way. This whipped  cream smoothed on like a dream.
 
I was very pleased with the moisturizing capability of this product. It soaked into my skin nice and quick. My skin felt silky, smooth, and retained it's softness and moisture, despite my practically living in both the pool and the sun nearly every day. It says right on the label, "For Dry to Extra Dry Skin". It works.
 
Also, as far as the product's ingredient list, it's impressive. You know what the second ingredient is? Coconut Oil. First is water, then coconut oil. That means that there is a LOT of coconut oil in it. It's also loaded with all kind of good, natural ingredients. Shea Butter is the 5th ingredient. So there's a good bit of that in there as well.
 
CAROLS DAUGHTER COCONUT SOUFFLE
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetearyl Alcohol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Isododecane, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5), Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Beta-Carotene, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyacrylamide, Polysorbate 60, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Steareth-2, Laureth-7, BHT, Aminomethyl Propanol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, Benzoic Acid, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol. 1550D1120660
 
You can read more about Carol's Daughter Coconut Shea Souffle HERE, on the Carol's Daughter website.
It retails for $20 per 8 oz. pot.
You can pick it up at HSN.com, too for the same price, if you desire.
 
OH YEAH, it's made in the USA!! Support the USA!
 
What's your favorite body moisturizer? I usually find either great smell or great performance, but not usually BOTH. This one was a great find. How about you?