“The Real Mom Review is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com."
A real mom of 4 reviewing various products & services with honesty & integrity. From natural beauty products to household items to groceries - the truth - so you can save dollars, time & sanity. No flames, no games, just a real mom reviewing.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Living Proof's NO FRIZZ Style Extender Review

Recently I ordered a trial kit of Living Proof's Frizz
Discovery Kit from Sephora.
 
I also cashed in on a special, filled makeup-bag Freebie which included in it the Style Extender for the frizz line (Reviews coming later on the other products, but for now, we'll focus on the Style Extender).


There was a sample packet of this Style Extender which claims:
(and this is directly from Sephora's website)
 
What it is: A weightless hairstyling primer that protects and extends the life of your style.

What it does:
Prime Style Extender, powered by Living Proof’s “miracle molecule,” OFPMA, protects and extends the life of your style twice as long, saving you time, day after day. It weightlessly perfects strands while smoothing and correcting hair texture. Prime detangles, corrects cuticle texture, and is so perfecting it can be worn alone, yet so weightless it can be layered under your favorite styler. Save time and forget the touch-ups.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Dyes
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

Research results:
In consumer test results, more than 80% of women agree, when using Prime:
-Their style lasted two times longer
-They needed to touch up less often
-It created a good foundation for styling
-It weightlessly perfected their hair
-They noticed an improvement in their hair
Consumer testing results also revealed:
-9 out of 10 women loved the concept
-8 out of 10 stated they would buy this product
-Prime made it possible for women to shampoo every other day
-A majority of women received a compliment on their hair while using Prime
-9 out of 10 women stated that Prime delivered on its promise
-More than 2/3 said Prime exceeded their expectations
 
My results in pictures (keep in mind that I applied the product ONLY to MY right side):

And then, 3 days later, after NO WASHING:
 
So, what did I think?
 
Honestly, I can usually get pretty good third day "straightened hair" anyway. I don't have greasy hair issues, and as long as it's not too humid, my hair stays pretty much the same. I normally go a day or two without washing my hair.
Not washing daily is my saving grace, because when I DO wash and straighten, I'm doing a lot of heat damage, I'm sure, and good grief does it take a LONG time. Just the blow-drying takes 15-20 minutes. If I had to do that daily, I'd just quit (and my hair would most likely look like straw).
 
So, here's what I did:
Putting it in, I followed the directions and used a liberal amount, smoothing it through all the hair on ONLY my right side (your left in the pictures above). My left was the "control". I used no other hair products, including hair spray.
 
I noticed:
It truly was lightweight. I had no problems with it weighting my hair down noticeably. It was as if it wasn't even there.
 
I didn't seem that the Style Extender did anything extra or special for me during the original styling. My hair did what it normally does and looked like it normally does when I do that...as you can see in the picture, left and right sides are pretty much equal. 
 
Then, 3 days later...
I still can't really tell any difference in my Day 3 hair WITH Style Extender (my right) than I do WITHOUT it (my left). The left and right sides were pretty much still equal.
 
My conclusion:
Not worth the $20 (for me, at least).
I'm still holding out HIGH hopes for the rest of the frizz line to be miraculous.
 
So...
Have you tried this line?
This product?
Had different results?