“The Real Mom Review is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com."
A real mom of 4 reviewing various products & services with honesty & integrity. From natural beauty products to household items to groceries - the truth - so you can save dollars, time & sanity. No flames, no games, just a real mom reviewing.

Friday, November 14, 2014

Kiss InstaWave Automatic Curler Review...Can My 9 Year Old Use It?


My daughter, 9, used a friend's automatic curler while spending the night and raved about it. Her hair looked really great, plus I didn't have to stand there and curl it for her. How awesome is that?!?!
However, when I found out the device used cost $99, it lost most of its awesomeness.
$99!!
I was NOT willing to spend that kind of money on a hair styling tool.
Sorry.
So, when I was contacted to see if I had interest in doing a review for a similar product, the Kiss InstaWave Automatic Curler, I was intrigued.

After all, I want my daughter to be able to fix her hair up whenever she'd like...and without that meaning that I'd be tied up in the process for a good 30-45 minutes. I set my hopes on the Kiss InstaWave working well.
Watch our video below to see how it worked out for us.
 
So, here's a few observations:
  • You'll need a small amount of time to get used to the functions (mostly, remembering which way to push the button in order to curl in a certain direction). There's not a huge learning curve, though.
  • You MUST have combed-out tangle-free hair or you may have problems. No tangles=good thing.
  • It really helps cut down on the time to curl, though it still takes some time.
  • It really cuts down on the "muscle-used" factor, which I imagine would be very helpful to someone with arthritis or carpal tunnel syndrome. My wrist didn't get the workout it usually does when using a curling iron, so YAY!!
  • It heats up SUPER quick. You will NOT be twiddling your thumbs waiting for it to heat up.
  • There are 2 settings: Low and High, with High maxing out at 420F degrees.
  • It shuts off automatically after 90 minutes, so don't worry about leaving it on all day accidentally.
  • It's best if you keep the section of hair you're working on completely separated from the rest of your hair, b/c the device can "grab" other hair you aren't intending to get at that time.
  • It's kind of fun, while also making hair look so pretty.
  • My daughter can now curl her own hair all by herself...AND she can curl her little sister's hair, too!
Score!!
 
Do you prefer curls or waves?
Do you think this product might help you create beautiful hairstyles easier?
 
Disclosure: I received the Kiss InstaWave free from BrandBacker for review and demo purposes. My opinion is, as always, my very own.