“The Real Mom Review is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com."
A real mom of 4 reviewing various products & services with honesty & integrity. From natural beauty products to household items to groceries - the truth - so you can save dollars, time & sanity. No flames, no games, just a real mom reviewing.

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Lancer Eye Cream $95 - Did It Work?

I think we may all have at least one thing about ourselves that we wish we could improve.
For me, that would be my under eyes. I would even consider surgery (lower blepharoplasty) to fix my ever-present baggage...if it didn't cost $3K.
(OK, truth...also if it didn't look like such a painful & gross surgery.)
But, if there was some way to fix what genetics has given me that didn't require all that? Sign me up!
 
So, for now, I try the latest, (supposedly) greatest, most touted eye creams to see if they help.
The latest I tried?
Lancer Eye Contour Lifting Cream with MDCP Complex.


Supposedly "This ultra-rich Lancer eye cream treats the eye area with MDCP Complex, a proprietary blend of sheer light diffusers, caffeine-based firming agents, and a powerful collagen- boosting peptide system. Formulated to help visibly diminish the appearance of fine lines, crow's feet, puffiness and dark circles in the eye area." (Per Bergdorf Goodman website description)
I got the deluxe sample size in my Special Edition Bergdorf Goodman Glossybox back in May.
May 2014 Special Edition Glossybox
I decided to put the eye cream on only one eye, the "experiment" eye, while using any standard eye cream (Equate brand, Burt's Bees) OR just my regular Paula's Choice facial cream on the other eye, the "control" eye.
 
I used the Lancer every day. Seriously. EVERY DAY. Almost always twice a day. A handful of times I only used it once per day.
Here, a comparison of both eyes at the start of the experiment.
Since I was only using it on one eye, the deluxe sample lasted me from May 28th till August 15. So I got to try it out for a good 2+ months. If it was going to do SOMETHING...it should've done it after 2+ months, right?
Will anything help with under eye bags?
 
Well, I don't see any appreciable difference. Not between the pre-use and post-use pictures, nor between the "experiment" and "control" eyes in the after pictures. No difference in lines, puffiness OR darkness/discoloration. 
I used it throughout the 2+ months on THIS eye. My right eye.
So, another eye cream - disproven. Sadly.
Difference between eyes before and after Lancer Eye Cream
 
If you want moisturization, it can be equaled for far less. If you want fantastic results, they're simply not here.
Next up, I'm trying out another high-end eye product...but this time, it's a serum. Check in a few months for those results...although, at this point, I truly just don't believe in eye creams/serums anymore.
(Click on the "eyes" link on the right side of the blog to see all the different ones I've tried.)
My bags. People often say, "You look tired. Are you okay?" For now, I have to just live with them.
Somebody prove me wrong! Please?
Have you ever had dramatic RESULTS from an eye cream? Which one?
(If you didn't keep using it, BTW, I would NOT call that dramatic results...or you would've been hooked.)