“The Real Mom Review is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com."
A real mom of 4 reviewing various products & services with honesty & integrity. From natural beauty products to household items to groceries - the truth - so you can save dollars, time & sanity. No flames, no games, just a real mom reviewing.

Sunday, June 8, 2014

That 3D Mascara You've Been Hearing About? Yes. Younique's Fiber Lashes...Reviewed

I had heard a few folks in some of my Facebook beauty groups rave over some new 3D fiber mascara.
Since, as you know, I'm addicted to mascara, I was very intrigued.
 
Lucky me, Amy Key sent a free set of the
Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes:
 
review of extreme lengthening mascara
 
I was advised  by her that I could either...

  • Apply my own mascara as a base coat, then follow up with the 3D over the top
  • Apply the 3D as both the base coat and the follow up fiber coat
 
I experimented by doing both in the video.
Watch the video and check out my results. The results are quite impressive.
 
Here are some still shots to help you see the difference.
How 3D Mascara performed

On your right, the CK One, 2 coats.
CK One Mascara vs. Younique Moodstruck Mascara
On your left, the 3D as it's own base coat & 1 fiber layer.
 How 3D Fiber Lashes did
 
Now, on a different day...
CK One on your left
 
Younique 3D vs. CK One
 
On your right, CK One base coat with 3D fiber layer top coat.
 Younique 3D Fiber Lashes review

 On your left, 2 coats of CK One only.
Ck One vs. Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes
 
So, how does it look after a long day?
Check my "after" shot, late that night:
Results of Younique after a full day's wear
I had no problems at all with smudging, flaking, transfer, lashes trying to stick together, or any other long term issues. It looked just as good at the end of the day as it did at the start:
What Younique 3D Mascara can do for you
Here, my hair was pulled back in order to do the mascara video. It WAS the same day, my hair was just different.
 
Pros:
Amazing length, drama
The standout lashes I've been looking for forever
Not difficult to apply
No smudging, flaking, etc. throughout the day
 
Cons:
Lazy girls don't like extra steps!
A little bit harder to remove than my regular mascaras (if you will use an eye makeup remover and give it some time to soak in, it will help it come off easier)
 
My verdict:
A Holy Grail product for me!
It's strong suit is lengthening, which is ultimately what I'm always going for, though I appreciate curling factor and some volume, too. But lengthening is my main goal.
I will definitely be keeping this product in my stash.
I will repurchase.
 
So where can you get Younique Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lashes ($29)?
They are sold via independent distributors.
 
What do you look for most in mascara? Lengthening or Volume? Or something else?