“The Real Mom Review is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com."
A real mom of 4 reviewing various products & services with honesty & integrity. From natural beauty products to household items to groceries - the truth - so you can save dollars, time & sanity. No flames, no games, just a real mom reviewing.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pixi Mascara, POP Mascara & Mica Eyeliner Reviews

Some things make a mascara great, and some things make them trash-worthy.
Same thing goes for eyeliners.
 What make them trash-worthy may be different for each of us, but I'll bet transfer (to the top of the eyelid) and smudging (down your face) are deal-breakers for any of us. Can I get a witness??
 
I've got 2 mascaras and one eyeliner I'm reviewing today.
To start, I'll show you what happened when I wore the Mica Beauty Cosmetics Cream Eyeliner and the POP Beauty Mascara.


I wore them both at the same time.
Here are my results after about 6 hours of wear:
I look absolutely worn out here.



Cut and dry...it's pretty awful, right? There's no need for me to even show you what they looked like before. Who cares when they perform THAT badly. 
I do not recommend either product.
 
Now, my review for Pixi Lash Booster Mascara is a little more complicated.
Here are some intro pictures to show how they look fresh.
 
 
 
 
I liked Pixi Lash Booster Mascara. It swept on easily, didn't clump, kept a fairly separated look (which I prefer over thickened tarantula-type lashes), and I liked how my lashes looked. But I didn't love it.
For $17 at Target, I NEED to LOVE it.
 
Here it is up against some 2/$10 Ulta Amped Mascara:
Ulta Amped is to your right...

While Pixi Lash Booster is to your left.
 
Check this shot, keeping that in mind:
 
 
 
Do you think the one on your left is worth over 3 times as much? 
Yeah, me neither. 
 
And, to top it off...
There was some smudging under the eye after a full day of wear. It's not really bad, like the POP Mascara; but nonetheless, if you're going to pay $17 for a tube of mascara, it shouldn't smudge down your face ANY, in my opinion.
Weird thing is, this stuff is almost waterproof. I had to use makeup remover to get it off every night.
 I wouldn't have thought it would budge.
But see for yourself, below:



And finally...two shots, full-on, to show you the look of the Pixi Lash Booster Mascara.
One at the START of the day:
 
And one at the END of the day:



The Pixie did okay. But, I'm looking for better than okay.
 Especially for $17.
Aren't you?