“The Real Mom Review is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com."
A real mom of 4 reviewing various products & services with honesty & integrity. From natural beauty products to household items to groceries - the truth - so you can save dollars, time & sanity. No flames, no games, just a real mom reviewing.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Dry Shampoo...Everyone Should Have Some. Seriously!

I have found a highly useful weapon for my beauty arsenal.
Dry shampoo.
You need some. I won't go without it. Seriously.
I had a coupon for a free can of Suave Dry Shampoo a while back, so I bought some. I'm SO glad I did!
If you have read some of my other "hair-centric" posts, you know I have naturally curly hair that I typically straighten during fall and winter months (lower humidity). It's a long, boring process that does damage to my hair, so I try to keep the process down to a minimum. I've had hair stylists compliment me on my hair's health, despite the fact that I use a blow dryer & straightener. I chalk it up to my less-frequent hair washing, which I've read for years is very much recommended.
I have a lot of hair, and it's fairly coarse, so I don't really need to wash my hair but about every 3 days. On the last of these days, if my hair begins to look greasy, I just grab my handy-dandy Suave Dry Shampoo, and spray all the greasy spots. It has mineral clay which absorbs the oil, plus it has a very pleasant citrus-type scent, which "freshens" hair. BONUS: Suave is very affordable.

One of the things that made me decide to use that coupon was a youtube video I watched where one of my fave beauty gurus mentioned using dry shampoo to boost fine hair, and to help build volume when you tease your hair. Here's that video, in case you're interested in seeing how she used dry shampoo to do that:
YouTube Video

How to use it:

Locate the greasy areas (typically near the scalp) and spray those.

Some "before"/ greasy shots


 I usually spray my scalp near my ears, flip my head over and spray the nape of my neck, and my part on the top of my head.


Then, brush through where you just sprayed. All the white powder look disappears with just a few brushings.



Use more or less, depending on the thickness of your hair, the oiliness, etc. Start with less and apply more if you need more.

Here are my end results.

No more grease!

Have you ever used dry shampoo? Maybe a different brand? What did you think?
I LOVE comments, so fire away!

5 comments:

Bethanny said...

I had a sample size of this stuff and it really does work!!

brich2222 said...

I have always wondered about the dry shampoo and whether they actually worked. THis might even be handy when you go on a Camping trip too. Maybe even keep as an emergency shampoo

redkitchen said...

I got the Suave dry shampoo here at CVS. I love it & it works great!

Super Frugalette said...

I love dry shampoo. I use Ojon but I did use Suave during this past October when I needed some for a wedding. Suave did a great job.

Jamie H said...

SO going to have to try this now! Sounds great to freshen my hair up after work before I go out on the town!